Join the Team of a leading FOSTER CARE agency!
Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. is seeking a Licensed Social Worker for our Oxford, AL location.
The Licensed Social Worker is primarily responsible for licensing homes of the foster parents in which children in care are placed and ensuring licensure requirements are maintained. Additionally, this position will actively recruit new foster parents in communities of all cultures and assist in training foster parents.
Essential Job Duties (not all-inclusive):
- Develop effective marketing strategies that will attract new foster parents and contribute to the growth of the Region and Company.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with foster parents, community partners, clients, and peers.
- Attend foster parent training to provide guidance and support to the participants as they work on completing licensing requirements and to provide support to the facilitators.
- Ensure foster parent training participants complete all required training as a part of the initial licensing process and required ongoing training.
- Be willing to become a foster parent trainer via a formal training process, as sponsored by the Company, and actively facilitate classes.
- Coordinate with foster parents regarding documentation needed for physical files.
- Accurately create initial physical files for newly licensed homes and ensure the files meet all applicable standards at all times/documentation remains current.
- Accurately create electronic files for newly licensed homes by entering and/or uploading requirement information in the Welligent Client Management System (Welligent) and ensure the electronic files remain current.
- Identify any licensing concerns/violations and immediately address concerns with the foster parent. This includes reporting concerns to management and other required parties and may require collaboration with peers.
- Accurately license prospective foster homes per all applicable licensing standards and ensure the homes maintain compliance at all times.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (versions 2010 and above), to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; ability to use portable equipment and mobile devices, such as Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, All-In-One Fax/Copier/Scanner/Printer; ability to connect to work-related documents remotely, including via video conferencing (Skype for Business/Go-To-Meeting Programs, other video-conferencing tools as needed); ability to use mobile apps to enhance productivity
Current Driver License, Dependable Personal Transportation, Current Auto Insurance, Must Pass All Legally Mandated Background Checks
The Licensed Social Worker generally works 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends as needed. Work environment may be in various settings, such as: office, home of foster parent/client, DHR, court appearances, community centers, churches, libraries, or any other setting that is deemed appropriate to perform duties. The Social Worker must be available to travel to rural areas, as needed.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Health/Dental/Vision benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, 100% company-funded profit sharing plan, company-paid benefits (life insurance, critical illness, long-term disability), semi-annual performance-based bonuses, long-term care, mileage reimbursement, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursements, and optional supplemental benefits offered by AFLAC, Colonial, and Guardian Life Insurance Company.
Please only apply if you meet the licensing requirement, at minimum.