Oriental Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles Recipe
Submitted by Renee Garlen
SFH of Huntsville, AL
Who doesn’t love chicken? You can dress it up as a fancy, savory dish such as chicken parmesan or prepare it as a light and simple dish such as chicken salad. Find out how Renee Garlen, a Social Worker at Seraaj Family Homes, Inc., likes to dress up her chicken with fresh Asian flavors!
This dish can be served hot or cold. Enjoy!
Oriental Chicken Salad with Crunchy Ramen Noodles
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Servings: 6
- 2 -3 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts (depending on the amount of chicken you like) or 6 oz.Tyson ckn breast strips
- 1 package of broccoli slaw mix
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped ( or to taste)
- 2 (2 1/2 ounce) packages slivered almonds or pecans
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 packages Chicken Top Ramen noodles or 2 packages other ramen-type soup (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or 1/3 cup canola oil (or butter)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- seasoning packets
- Prepare dressing (bring to boil) and set aside.
- Smash noodles of Top Ramen
- Brown slivered almonds or nuts and sesame seeds slightly.
- Combine cabbage mix, green onions, chicken and nuts and sesame seeds in a large bowl.
Add the ramen noodles stir well.
Add dressing and stir to coat.
Give the salad a good coating.
If you plan on eating this left over, keep in mind that the noodles will not stay crunchy.