Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. specializes in providing Therapeutic Foster Care which are designed to meet the specific individualized needs of children and families. The agency designs individualized, needs-driven and family-focused treatment plans for foster children and their families while developing and facilitating a permanency plan for each child. The agency specializes in creating a continuum of care which includes traditional/regular foster care, specialized/therapeutic foster care, and family reunification and preservation services.
Specialized/Therapeutic Foster Care is designed to place children within the mainstream of community life. Services are based on the Teaching Family model and involve the following features:
- Placement of a child with Family Teachers/Foster Parents who have been recruited specifically to work with children who present emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Specialized pre-service and on-going training for Family Teachers/Foster Parents to assist them in providing a safe and nurturing home environment.
- Client-to-staff ratios that are in accordance with State Minimum Standards requirements.
- A strong support system among the Family Teachers/Foster Parents.
- Difficulty-of-care stipends for Family Teachers/Foster Parents.
Other features of our Unconditional Therapeutic Foster Care Services include:
- Crisis response teams on-call 24-hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year
- Basic living skills instruction.
- Behavioral management/Coaching skills
- Case management.
- Family support/Parenting services.
- Individual/family assessments/treatment planning and implementation.
- In-home family/individual counseling and therapy services.
- Supervised therapeutic family visitations
- Group counseling
- Support and services for substance abusers
- Family reunification/preservation services
- Support services for youth affiliated with gangs
- Documented services contacts
- Respite care
- Transportation services
- Community inclusion and
- Educational advocacy and support.
For more information, please contact the Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. office in your area