Come & Join the Team of a leading FOSTER CARE agency!
Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. is seeking a Family Support Worker to provide quality, timely services to children and families in Jefferson County, Shelby County and surrounding Counties, as assigned. This is a community-based position.
***This position requires a High School Diploma.***
This position is primarily responsible for (not all-inclusive):
- Create and maintain a positive rapport with foster parents, children and families, employees, and service providers and professionals.
- Ensure children and families receive services as documented in their Individualized Service Plan and Treatment Plan.
- Accurately and timely entering session notes in the web-based system, per policy.
- Be accessible to children, families, and internal & external customers when needed and available to report on-site in the event of a crisis.
- Empower children and families and assisting in the linkage of existing community resources.
- Teach non-abusive child management skills which are appropriate to the age of the child.
- Teach basic parental skills to include: personal hygiene, protection from injury in the environment, and when to seek medical advice.
- Teach advocacy techniques and consumer rights.
- Model appropriate parenting techniques.
- Assist the family in improving housekeeping skills through demonstration and discussion.
- Assist the consumer in improving money management skills.
- Assist the consumer in finding and maintaining adequate housing, if needed.
- Assist the consumer regarding all other aspects of home management.
- Teach/model socialization skills.
- Teach/model anger/impulse control techniques.
- Teach/model problem solving (conflict resolution) techniques.
- Demonstrate and teach meal planning and preparation.
- Assist with grocery shopping via demonstration of comparison shopping.
- Teach or provide basic nutritional information.
- Coordinate pertinent service appointments.
- Provide necessary transportation.
- Performing other assigned duties.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (versions 2010 and above), to include Microsoft Office 365 Apps (OneDrive, SharePoint) and other Microsoft Programs, such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Skype for Business; ability to use company-approved mobile apps to enhance productivity, such as Welligent Express and Microsoft Office Lens; ability to use portable equipment and mobile devices, such as Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, All-In-One Copier/Scanner/Printer; ability to access work-related documents remotely; ability to effectively use other video conferencing tools, such as Go-To-Meeting.
Current Driver License, Dependable Personal Transportation, Current Auto Insurance, Acceptable Driving Record, Must Pass All Legally Mandated Background Checks
The Family Support Workergenerally works a flexible schedule that depends on the needs of the client and administrative duties, up to 40 hours per week. Work environment may be in various settings, such as home of foster parent/client, DHR, child’s school, court appearances, or any other setting that is deemed appropriate to provide services to the child and family and to complete other duties. Traveling required.