Come & Join the Team of a leading FOSTER CARE agency!
Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. is seeking a Case Manager to join our Team. The ideal candidate will provide quality, timely services to children and families in Calhoun County, Talladega County and surrounding Counties, as assigned.
***This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Services, Psychology, Criminal Justice or a related field.***
***Experience working with medically fragile children and youth and/or in a health-care setting is highly preferred***
This position is primarily responsible for (not all-inclusive):
- Creating and maintaining a positive rapport with foster parents, children and families, employees, and service providers and professionals;
- Ensuring children and families receive services as documented in their Individualized Service Plan and Treatment Plan;
- Providing family support, crisis intervention and mental health consultation services;
- Providing services in the homes of the foster parents/clients and other appropriate settings;
- Coordinating the care for medical care for clients with specialists and other healthcare resources;
- Assessing, plan, facilitate, evaluate and advocate for options and services to meet the client’s health needs;
- Educating the client and his/her treatment team on the programs and options available to them to meet their health needs;
- Reminding clients and foster parents of preventative care checkups, which may include assisting in transporting the client to their appointment;
- Accurately and timely entering summary of provided services in the web-based system, per policy;
- Connecting clients to community resources based on their individual or family needs;
- Being accessible to children, families, and internal & external customers when needed and available to report on-site in the event of a crisis;
- Empowering children and families and assisting in the linkage of existing community resources;
- Submitting required reports timely; and
- Performing other assigned duties.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (versions 2016 and above), such as Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive. Ability to use Company-approved mobile applications; ability to use portable equipment, such as iPad, laptop, smartphone
Current Driver License, Dependable Personal Transportation, Current Auto Insurance, Acceptable Driving Record, Must Pass All Legally Mandated Background Checks
The Case Manager generally works a flexible schedule that depends on the needs of the client and other duties, up to 40 hours per week. Work environment will be in various settings, such as home of foster parent/client, DHR, child’s school, court appearances, or any other setting that is deemed appropriate to provide services to the child and family and to complete other duties. Traveling required.