Come & Join the Team of a leading FOSTER CARE agency!
Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. is seeking a Family Support Worker to provide quality, timely services to children and families in Mobile County and surrounding Counties, as assigned. This is a field-based position.
***This position requires a High School Diploma.***
This position is primarily responsible for (not all-inclusive):
- Create and maintain a positive rapport with foster parents, children and families, employees, and service providers and professionals.
- Ensure children and families receive services as documented in their Individualized Service Plan and Treatment Plan.
- Accurately and timely entering session notes in the web-based system, per policy.
- Be accessible to children, families, and internal & external customers when needed and available to report on-site in the event of a crisis.
- Empower children and families and assisting in the linkage of existing community resources.
- Teach non-abusive child management skills which are appropriate to the age of the child.
- Teach basic parental skills to include: personal hygiene, protection from injury in the environment, and when to seek medical advice.
- Assist with transportation as needed.
- Perform other assigned duties. Technical Skills
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (versions 2010 and above), to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; ability to use portable equipment and mobile devices, such as Laptop, Tablet, Smartphone, Fax Machine, Scanner; ability to connect to work-related documents remotely, including via video conferencing (Skype for Business/Go-To-Meeting Programs, other video-conferencing tools as needed) and Microsoft Office 365.
Current Driver License, Dependable Personal Transportation, Current Auto Insurance, Acceptable Driving Record, Must Pass All Legally Mandated Background Checks
The Family Support Worker generally works a flexible schedule that depends on the needs of the client and other duties, up to 40 hours per week. Work environment may be in various settings, such as home of foster parent/client, DHR, child’s school, court appearances, or any other setting that is deemed appropriate to provide services to the child and family and to complete other duties. Traveling required.