Salary: $36,000.00 /year
Come & Join The Team of a Leading FOSTER CARE Agency!
The Licensing Social Worker is primarily responsible for effectively recruiting new foster parents within the Communities, licensing homes of the foster parents per all applicable standards, and ensuring foster parents receive their required training. Additionally, this position effectively contributes to the growth of the Therapeutic Foster Care program. This position will be responsible for homes therapeutic foster homes in Mobile County, Baldwin County and surrounding Counties.
***Must hold an active LBSW or LMSW in Alabama***
Essential Job Duties (not all-inclusive):
- Develop effective marketing strategies that will attract new foster parents and contribute to the growth of the Region and Company.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with foster parents, community partners, clients, and peers.
- Collaborate with the Company’s Intake Specialist on placing Therapeutic Foster Care children and families in the homes of foster parents.
- Create and maintain an accurate tracking mechanism on all active and potential foster parents, to include all required data as directed.
- Accurately license prospective foster homes per all applicable licensing standards and ensure the homes maintain compliance at all times.
- Conduct routine visits to licensed homes for purposes outlined in the State Minimum Standards for Child Placing Agencies and the Therapeutic Foster Care Manual.
- Timely and accurately complete quarterly and annual reviews of licensed homes.
- Attend foster parent training to provide guidance and support to the participants as they work on completing licensing requirements and to provide support to the facilitators.
- Ensure foster parent training participants complete all required training as a part of the initial licensing process and required ongoing training.
- Be willing to become a foster parent trainer via a formal training process, as sponsored by the Company, and effectively facilitate classes when assigned.
- Coordinate with foster parents regarding documentation needed for physical files.
- Accurately create files, as assigned and per policy.
- Identify any licensing concerns/violations and immediately address concerns with the foster parent. This includes reporting concerns to management and other required parties and may require collaboration with peers.
- May assist in collecting all documentation during the intake process from applicable parties (DHR Social Worker, foster parent, medical provider).
- Assist with family support and case management duties, when needed.
- Perform other assigned duties.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (versions 2016 and above), such as Office 365, Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive and OneNote; ability to use Company-approved mobile applications; ability to connect to meetings, consultations and trainings via video-conferencing, such as Microsoft Teams and other approved applications; ability to use portable equipment and mobile devices, such as iPad, laptop, smartphone, hotspot and printer/scanner to perform work-related duties
Current Driver License, Dependable Personal Transportation, Current Auto Insurance, Must Pass All Legally Mandated Background Checks
The Social Worker generally works 40 hours per week, including evenings and weekends. Work environment may be in various settings, such as: home of foster parent/client, DHR, community venues, court, churches, libraries, or any other setting that is deemed appropriate to perform duties. The Social Worker must be available to travel when needed.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama Health/Dental/Vision benefits, paid vacation, paid holidays, 100% company-funded profit sharing plan, company-paid benefits (life insurance, critical illness, long-term disability), semi-annual performance-based bonuses, long-term care, mileage reimbursement, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and optional supplemental benefits offered by Guardian Life Insurance Company and AFLAC.