Pike Road, AL
Salary: $10.00 /hour
We are seeking Part Time Certified Lifeguards for events scheduled in the upcoming months.
Housed on 15 acres of land in Pike Road, AL, The Grandma Home House Retreat (TGHHR) features several nature trails, a 3-acre lake, an enclosed pavilion and open deck, hammocks, gated multipurpose sports court, a boating dock, an outdoor kitchen and a two-story gazebo. Surrounded by tropical and forest foliage, the retreat offers various technological and brick and mortar amenities to adapt the venue for any event, including a 25-foot outdoor/indoor projection screen, a 72-inch touch-screen television, paddle boats and more.
TGHHR has been the site for multiple organization events, such as Employee/Family Appreciation Days, Weddings/Receptions, Club Meetings for various Associations, Family Reunions, Church Meetings, etc. Some of Hyundai’s suppliers and The Montgomery Chamber of Commerce have selected TGHHR for their events.
The Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring all attendees at events are safe by preventing and responding to aquatic emergencies.
Duties (not all-inclusive)
- Maintain a respectful relationship and positive customer relations with guests and employees of TGHHR.
- Provide quality customer service by greeting visitors.
- Recognize and respond effectively in emergency situations.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies, rules, and regulations.
- Inspect the facility during scheduled hours for cleanliness and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the Event Manager or supervisor on duty.
- Responsible for the availability and safekeeping of aquatic and emergency equipment.
- Monitor aquatic activities to prevent accidents.
- Caution attendees regarding unsafe practices and safety hazards.
- Complete any records or reports, as required.
- Attend and participate in required trainings.
- Work collaboratively with employees and staff.
- Organize and develop effective work methods and routines.
- Be able to relate well to children, youth, and adults of all ages.
- Document and verbally communicate all significant/ critical aquatic incidents involving attendees of TGHHR events to the Event Manager or supervisor on duty and submit a written report within 24 hours to these positions.
- Follow all State Child Labor Laws.
- Practice continuous quality improvement throughout daily work schedule and duties.
- Understand and exemplify the Company’s methodology and values.
- Implement and model transparency throughout daily work schedule and duties by ensuring applicable staff and managers are “in the know” of issues, concerns, and updates.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing and effectively organize and prioritize.
- Ability to grasp and apply various methods of technology when needed.
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job.
- Additional duties as assigned.
1-2 years; extensive swimming skills and experience
Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Lifeguard (Waterfront), First Aid Certification, CPR for the Professional Rescuer with AED Certification
At least 18 years of age, dependable transportation, able to work weekends and holidays (as needed); most events will occur during the weekends and around holidays
To learn more about TGHHR, visit www.thegrandmahomehouseretreat.com.