Therapeutic Foster Care
Location Contact Number
Birmingham, AL (205) 942-7516
Huntsville, AL (256) 864-0117
Montgomery, AL (334) 271-2402
Oxford, AL (256) 835-4883
Baltimore, MD (410) 296-1568
Riverdale, MD (877) 699-0270
Seraaj Family Homes, Inc. specializes in providing Therapeutic Foster Care, which is designed to meet the specific individualized needs of children and families. The agency designs individualized, needs-driven and family-focused treatment plans for foster children and their families, while developing and facilitating a permanency plan for each child. The agency specializes in creating a continuum of care, which includes traditional/regular foster care, specialized/therapeutic foster care, and family reunification and preservation services.
Specialized/Therapeutic Foster Care is designed to place children within the mainstream of community life. Services are based on the Teaching Family model and involve the following features:
- Placement of a child with Family Teachers/Foster Parents who have been recruited specifically to work with children who present emotional and behavioral challenges.
- Specialized pre-service and on-going training for Family Teachers/Foster Parents to assist them in providing a safe and nurturing home environment.
- Client-to-staff ratios that are in accordance with State Minimum Standards requirements.
- A strong support system among the Family Teachers/Foster Parents.
- Difficulty-of-care stipends for Family Teachers/Foster Parents.
Other features of our Unconditional Therapeutic Foster Care Services include:
- Crisis response teams on-call 24-hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year.
- Basic living skills instruction.
- Behavioral management/Coaching skills.
- Case management.
- Family support/Parenting services.
- Individual/family assessments/treatment planning and implementation.
- In-home family/individual counseling and therapy services.
- Supervised therapeutic family visitations.
- Group counseling.
- Support and services for substance abusers.
- Family reunification/preservation services.
- Support services for youth affiliated with gangs.
- Documented services contacts.
- Respite care.
- Transportation services.
- Community inclusion and Educational advocacy and support.